Resources are constantly added and updated … Please bookmark now and check back often. Add or UPDATE your service directory listing.
Search by Category, Keyword, Zip, or county, or click on the desired category from the Categories List. OR, click an icon below to narrow your search:
(208) 415-5220 (Environmental Health Services) (208) 415-5130 (WIC, Nutrition & breastfeeding support)
(208) 415-5180 (Preparedness)
(208) 415-5160 (Home Health)
(208) 415-5145 (Child Care Resource Center)
Panhandle Health District provides over 40 different public health programs to families, individuals and organizations in northern Idaho, from food and drinking water safety to health education and disease control.
The PHD team is made up of nurses, nutritionists, environmental health specialists, health educators and many other dedicated professionals with a common goal to deliver vital public health services.
Community Health Services
- Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention
- Comprehensive Cancer Control & Prevention
- Diabetes Coalition & Diabetes Prevention
- Fit & Fall Proof / IPAN - Let's Move
- Nurse Family Partnership
- Oral Health
- Region 1 Behavioral Health Board
- State Healthcare Innovation Plan
- Tobacco Cessation & Prevention
- Child Care Resource Center
Health Care Services
- Care Plus+ Clincs
- Home Health Services
- Senior Companion
- Family Planning Services (sliding fee scale)
- Komen for hte Cure
- Women's Health Check (mammograms & Pap tests for low income women)
Enviornmental Services, Public Health Preparedness, and WIC program services are also provided.
Nurse-Family Partnership Program
This program serves low-income, first-time pregnant mothers. The eligibility criteria are that they must be:
- First-time pregnant mothers
- Less than 28 weeks pregnant when they enroll
- Eligible for WIC or Medicaid
- Live in Kootenai, Shoshone or Bonner Counties
To refer potential clients to Nurse-Family Partnership, call 208-415-5298 or send a fax to 208-772-3253.
- Kootenai County
- Bonner County
- Boundary County
- Shoshone County
- Benewah County