Resources are constantly added and updated … Please bookmark now and check back often. Add or UPDATE your service directory listing.
Search by Category, Keyword, Zip, or county, or click on the desired category from the Categories List. OR, click an icon below to narrow your search:
(208) 415-5100 (Main)
(208) 415-5270 (Clinical Services - Family Planning, STD appts, Women's Health Check, Resource nurse)
(208) 415-5220 (Environmental Health Services)
(208) 415-5130 (WIC, Nutrition & breastfeeding support)
(208) 415-5180 (Preparedness)
(208) 415-5160 (Home Health)
(208) 415-5145 (Child Care Resource Center)
Panhandle Health District provides over 40 different public health programs to families, individuals and organizations in northern Idaho, from food and drinking water safety to health education and disease control.
The PHD team is made up of nurses, nutritionists, environmental health specialists, health educators and many other dedicated professionals with a common goal to deliver vital public health services.
Community Health Services
- Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention
- Comprehensive Cancer Control & Prevention
- Diabetes Coalition & Diabetes Prevention
- Fit & Fall Proof / IPAN - Let's Move
- Nurse Family Partnership
- Oral Health
- Region 1 Behavioral Health Board
- State Healthcare Innovation Plan
- Tobacco Cessation & Prevention
- Child Care Resource Center
Health Care Services
- Care Plus+ Clincs
- Home Health Services
- Senior Companion
- Family Planning Services (sliding fee scale)
- Komen for hte Cure
- Women's Health Check (mammograms & Pap tests for low income women)
Enviornmental Services, Public Health Preparedness, and WIC program services are also provided.
Nurse-Family Partnership Program
This program serves low-income, first-time pregnant mothers. The eligibility criteria are that they must be:
- First-time pregnant mothers
- Less than 28 weeks pregnant when they enroll
- Eligible for WIC or Medicaid
- Live in Kootenai, Shoshone or Bonner Counties
To refer potential clients to Nurse-Family Partnership, call 208-415-5298 or send a fax to 208-772-3253.
Parents as Teachers
Parent as Teachers is open to ALL families with children prenatal to five years old. The program is designed for moms and dads to participate in learning about how their baby is developing and how parents can best support that growth. There are no income eligibility guidelines. You only need to have a child aged five years or younger to participate.
- Kootenai County
- Bonner County
- Boundary County
- Shoshone County
- Benewah County